Happy Monday, beautiful people!
Today has been a loooong but fantastic day. I’ve been so stressed out but spending the day with my boyfriend – Shaun – and my dog – Bella – somehow always grounds me a little. They both make me happy beyond comprehension. Bella decided to run through and roll in prickles all weekend and so had to have a haircut this morning to remove them. After her haircut, I made a delicious smoothie bowl for breakfast – continue reading on for the recipe! Shaun and I then went into the city to get a chai latte from Please Say Please, before I took him home. Now, since arriving home, I have proceeded to eat ten apples and read a lot of blog posts.
Tomorrow will be another big and hopefully productive day. I plan to attempt to find another job, sit and drink coffee at a café whilst blogging and studying, then go to class tomorrow evening to start a new unit on Monitoring and Managing Business Operations. I am incredibly excited to start another unit on campus as opposed to completing my business management whole course online.
Anyway, enough of my gibbering away for hours on end, I shall not deprive you of the smoothie bowl recipe any longer.
Ingredients for smoothie:
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/2 fresh banana*
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- frozen blueberries
- homemade muesli – oats, sunflower seeds, sultanas, slivered almonds, sesame seeds
- hemp seeds (YAY! Thank you, Australia, for finally taking a step in the right direction by making hemp products legal to consume!)
- other 1/2 of fresh banana
- kiwi fruit
* optional to make it blend smoothly.
- Blend together smoothie ingredients! Whiz them up real good!
- Pour into a bowl.
- Top with all of your favourites grains, seeds, and berries – otherwise, use what I used above!
Such a simple, quick and easy to prepare breakfast or lunch. I love smoothie bowls because of all of the different textures – from the creamy smoothie, to the crunchy seeds and muesli, to the deliciously fresh fruit.
I one hundred percent recommend eating your beautiful smoothie bowl in the sunshine and in the company of loved ones.
I hope you enjoy this bowl as much as I did!